Direct Access Immigration Barristers
At Imperium Chambers you will find that you have access to some of the best Immigration barristers practising in the country today.
All our members are fully qualified as direct access barristers and as such can be instructed by members of the public direct, without the need for a solicitor. This means your barrister is dealing with your case from day 1 and the savings on fees mean that our clients recommend our services to friends, colleagues and family members alike.
All members of chambers are skilled in identifying and advising on opportunities for settlement. The majority of our barristers have hands-on mediation experience across the full range of our specialist practice areas, where they can act as counsel or mediators.
Our expertise in analysis, synthesis and advocacy means that we are ideally placed to deal with multi-disciplinary matters.
Being client led you will find our barristers approachable and easy to deal with. Drawing on their years of experience as Immigration barristers they add great value to any Immigration case and can make a real difference to anyone wishing to enter or remain in the UK.
- Asylum and international protection
- Family and children immigration
- National security, terrorism and international armed conflicts
- Human rights
- EU free movement
- Commercial and business immigration (including the Points Based System)
- Sponsor licences for businesses and colleges
- British nationality
- Third country removals
- Foreign criminal matters
- Immigration detention
- Migrant welfare
- Private immigration work, acting for individuals from the highest echelons of international politics, business and sport
- Claims against the police and public authorities
- Immigration detention civil claims
- Points based applications [ highly skilled workers, investors, entrepreneurs, temporary workers]
- Immigration and the Points Based System
We provide advice on all other immigration applications including, but not limited to, indefinite leave to remain applications and spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner, children and visitor applications. Whether you are a student who has fallen foul of the complexities of Tier 4, or working here trying to negotiate the Home Office guidance on extending your stay, we can offer timely, effective and creative advice to best safeguard your interests.
We also advise a range of businesses, companies and institutions on all aspects of sponsorship licenses under the Points Based System and advise on how to achieve compliance with UK immigration legislation. Many sponsors are wary and concerned at the penalties they could face (civil and criminal) if they get anything wrong. Our legal team can help you address these concerns.
- Family law (disputes about the divorce suit, private law children disputes, Inheritance Act claims, contact orders)
- Expert immigration and nationality advice in family proceedings
- Civil litigation
- Complex contractual disputes
- Group actions and multi-party litigation
- Multi-jurisdictional litigation, conflicts of laws and private international law
- Complex claims involving conspiracies and other economic torts
- Sale of goods and chains of supply
- Disputes arising from corporate acquisitions and reorganizations
- Injunctive relief, including worldwide freezing orders, orders for the seizure of assets or compelling disclosure, and relief supporting foreign proceedings