emergency injunction uk
Expert Immigration Services for Businesses Expert Immigration Services for Individuals Adult Dependent Relatives Appeals Asylum, Humanitarian Protection and Discretionary Leave to Remain Deportation EU Settlement Scheme Family Life as a Partner or Parent Global Talent Visas Indefinite Leave to Remain / Settlement Innovators Investors Judicial Reviews Leave to Remain or Enter the UK as a Parent Nationality / British Citizenship Private Life Scale Up Visa Skilled Worker Visa Study Visas Visit Visas Windrush

Skilled Worker Visa

The Skilled Worker visa has replaced the old Tier 2 visas. It allows people to come to the UK to do specific jobs which meet certain skills and salary requirements, for an employer who have been licensed by the Home Office.

The requirements for a Skilled Worker visa are that:

  • You are aged 18 or over;
  • You have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the job you are planning to do;
  • Your job offer is a genuine vacancy;
  • Your job is at an appropriate skill level;
  • You will be paid a salary which equals or exceeds a general salary threshold, the ‘going rate’ for the occupation and a minimum hourly rate (if applicable);
  • Your sponsor has paid any required Immigration Skills Charge;
  • You are competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B1 (equivalent to IELTS 4.0);
  • You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds;
  • You have provided a criminal record certificate, if required; and
  • You have provided a valid TB certificate, if required.

Applicants who are successfully granted an Adult Dependent Relative visa will be given indefinite leave to enter the UK. In other words, they will be allowed to remain here permanently.

What if an ADR visa is refused?

The most difficult hurdle to overcome will be getting a Certificate of Sponsorship. You will have to be sponsored by a company licensed by the Home Office. They will do a lot of the checks and offer you a job. Your sponsor must be “A-Rated” on the Home Office’s register of sponsors, and you must apply for the visa within 3 months of getting the Certificate.

It will also be necessary to prove you meet the English language requirements when applying.

The Skilled Worker visa is a route to settlement meaning after 5 years you could apply for ILR and subsequently British nationality. You are also able to bring your dependents with you, if they are eligible.

How Imperium Chambers can help

At Imperium Chambers, our team of expert immigration barristers will be with you through every step of your Skilled Worker application.

We’ll start by assessing your suitability and checking you satisfy the general eligibility requirements of the Immigration Rules for the Skilled Worker visa, and then advise you on the appropriateness of your job offer before introducing you to Home Office approved endorsing bodies. We’ll take you through every step of the process, ensuring everything is technically accurate and professionally presented, with the best possible chance of being approved the first time.

We have extensive experience in working with entrepreneurs, and take great pride in helping innovative individuals make a success of their business ideas here in the UK.

    imperium chambers

    Request a Quote

    We are specialists in immigration, civil liberties and human rights law. Contact our experienced barristers about your case today.